My Weight Loss Progress

loss/wQkDC31/">

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Future Is NOW!!!!

I have finally faced the reality that I am in fact....FAT! The three letter word frowned upon, only muttered in the privacy of our own homes but, forever planted in our heads on a daily basis. The word that people constantly remind us of with every sideways glance and smug look. You can't turn on a television or radio, open up a magazine, or search the web without being bombarded with ads promoting weight loss and healthy life styles.

Being a progressive young female, I find myself anxious to stray away from conforming to society. I've never been one to hop on the bandwagon, per se. So, my refusal to accept that I am in fact overweight has been apart of a rebel lifestyle, or perhaps another excuse to toss into the Hefty bag of excuses I've been toting around (***Maybe that's where the back pains are coming from!)

At a young age I never struggled with my weight. Active until college, my weight loss problems have just began to start in the last.....three to four years ago. In retrospect, I do realize that I could have gotten a jump start on my problem along time ago but I'm cursed by a disease I'm sure many others are facing: LAZINESS!!!!

Now at age 24, I am saying enough is finally enough! (However, I have said that at least 20 times in the last two years) What's the difference now, what's my big motivator? GRADUATION!!!!

I have 126 days until I graduate from college. A small step in the process to continue my career (I want to be a doctor). As I have matriculated, I have lost my confidence. I no longer look in the mirror and see beautiful. (I just took the longest pause, letting the realization of what I just said marinate....maybe weight loss is just one milestone I have in a bigger battle.) So, I need all of you, my loyal, or soon to be loyal, followers to HELP ME!!! Kick my butt!!! Be my BOB from Biggest Loser! Hopefully, somewhere in the process I can grow more and change my lifestyle. In return, you can grow and learn from me!!!

Tomorrow is my first weigh in.....I'm sure I'm around 250 lbs. My GOAL: 200lbs

SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!---------->

I DO NOT LIKE THIS PICTURE

13 comments:

  1. I love it Ashley!!!! Im with you! START A MOVEMENT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Stay encouraged. I am with you!!!! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started my weight loss regimine too Ash! I said by my birthday (April 5) I want to be 25 lbs lighter! Find something you like and have fun! My Wii excercise games are going to be my bff's! Good luck! The smalls things count too! KNow that you aren't alone! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley I so commend you for taking this step to better yourself and your quality of life!!! One thing I want to point out is that it takes a lot of confidence to bare your soul with the world and hold yourself accountable for past mistakes and creating a positive future!!! So you are definitely gaining your confidence back!! Wish you all the best.. Not sure if I will have to time to check out the blog everyday but I will be a definite supporter. I am now a vegetarian (as of the last seven days lol) and I’m working out every other day and training for the Derby Festival Marathon, so if you need a workout buddy or someone to share your pain in not being able to eat the yummy BAD food of the past or some motivation I’m here!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for all your encouraging words! I definitely need them and will call on you for advice, recipes, and workout buddy time. Spread the word if you can! Love u all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gurl I am with you, I am also struggling with my weight...It's like the older i got, the more weight i put on. However I now realize the importance of being healthy & a better me (physically, mentally & emotionally).

    So with that being said u r not alone & u have my blessings on your journey ..Go Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, I have faith that you can do this... your stubornness and sure will to succeed will allow you to meet your goal. You have God on your side and with his strength as well as the support of your family, friends and followers - not to mention those that may hate on you(Yes i mentioned the haters as they will strengthen your determination and motivation.) you will meet .. if not exceed your weight loss goal.
    I am your cheerleader and wish you all the best!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley, reading this is like hearing myself echoed. You are sooooo not alone on this journey to loose weight and become a better you! I told myself I was going to loose at least 20lbs by my birthday in March, 30lbs by my graduation in April, and 35lbs by Memorial day. Goals are a necessity in the beginning of overcoming the LAZINESS you so eloquently pointed out that most of us have, and so is a great SUPPORT team. I support you 100%!!!!! Don't hesistate to reach out if you need anything.
    Love You Bunches

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOOOOOOO ASSSHHHHLLLEEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so proud of you best friend for taking the first step in fixing a problem which is ExceptIng that their is a ProbLem.. I am so proud of you already ....As your friend/sister I too have a weight problem whether others agree or not I know how I feel when I look into that mirror of reality everyday . So I will be right beside you and I am going to stop making excuses or taking short cuts and loose weight the right way.. work out & Eat right!! I will loose 25-30 lbs by Easter!! Love u Ash..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Shelby

    Techa: Love you too and thanks so much for your supprot!!!

    ReplyDelete