My Weight Loss Progress

loss/wQkDC31/">

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thank God for small Victories!!!!

As you all may remember I weighed myself Saturday and I weighed in at 243.5. I’m elated to announce, even though some may feel prematurely, I’m down 2lbs!!!!!

While two is a measly number when it comes to other things….to mean this two pound loss feels like a stress reliever. My biggest fear was getting on the scale Saturday and seeing nothing….now Saturday, I can look forward to maintaining my two pound loss or seeing another ½ a pound or so lost. This is my small victory!!! A confirmation from my body that my hard work is paying off and a confirmation from my brain saying that the pounds just aren’t going to melt off (I can work harder and eat smarter).

I’ve been watching my calories and hitting the gym daily but, I have stuck a slice a pizza into the mix….my guilty pleasure for the premiere of the new season of the GAME, which I loved!!! But, I am positive and am learning to resist temptations as much as possible.

Over these last few days, I’ve learned that taking care of yourself is addicting. I find myself in the middle of the night thinking whether I should get up and do some squats or sit-ups. My mom blessed me with a new book, Eat This Not That. The book covers the healthy, low calorie and fat, meal choices to make at restaurants and fast-food chains. I’m not quite ready to face the temptation of an Olive Garden or Cheesecake Factory menu but, when I am….I’ll be prepared!

I just want to thank everyone for the positive feedback and tips!!! I have two big challenges ahead of me….THE WEEKEND and my RETURN TO SCHOOL. Between the two, my return to school is the most frightening. I don’t want to lose focus on my education but, I don’t want to lose focus on my health. So developing better time management will be my first challenge. Let me know of any ideas you have on how to focus on school and your workout regimen.

See you all tomorrow….121 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok Favorite Niece...You need to be eating 2000 calories a day and working off at least 300 or more at the gym...the best machine at the gym is the elliptical you burn off more calories on it than any other machine in there...make sure you are doing at least 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week and you will definitely see a difference at the end of every week. My doctor told me if you burn at least 100 calories a day you will lose a pound a week..I am about to join the ymca so we can go together sometimes..Love you and don't give up...losing weight is a life style change and is definitely a good idea to start early in life not later (like myself lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I had a time crunch between working out and studying I would combine the two. Especially when using the elliptical machine (mentioned above, and my personal favorite) you can study while you burn calories. Most machines have a book-holder so you can read a textbook or notes and studying helps pass the time so you can work out longer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for following me and I'm pleased to be following you, too. You're already doing a great job :-)

    Also, I had to say something because you mentioned The Game...

    What the hell is Melanie thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO ASHLEY YOU CAN DO IT, the pizza was okay, just dont let it happen again, or if you do, cut back on something else, and since it was for the GAME who cares, we love the game! ANYWHOO, keep up the regimen, you will be successful, drop those pounds girl!!!

    ReplyDelete