My Weight Loss Progress

loss/wQkDC31/">

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Meet my Enemy: The Mirror

Somebody please tell me when they started putting distorted mirrors in the YMCA….while trudging along on the treadmill, I took a sideward glance at the mirror and I know (or so I though I knew) my butt is not that wide or that flat!!! I’m almost 100% positive they must have bought these mirrors from the same place they get the carnival mirrors that make you really skinny and tall, or short and fat, because this is not me. Devastated by the image in the mirror I spent the rest of my workout depressed and anxious to rid myself of my peculiar derriere by the end of the hour, an impossible task I know. After going home, I felt energetic and defeated, all at the same time. It’s something about taking a real look, an honest look, in the mirror and seeing a reflection you don’t like.


However, I do find solace in knowing that regardless of my size or my many flaws, I’m still blessed and highly favored. I’m encouraged that my mother sends me daily affirmations of how proud she is of me, along with everyone’s Facebook messages, phone calls, and text messages. I know I’m a blessed soul because all of your tokens of love and support come just at the right moment: When I feel like I can’t take one more step on the treadmill, when I’m at the grocery store eyeing the candy bars, or in the middle of the night when I just want to eat something.

While this is a journey on weight loss, I’m beginning to see it’s about much more. It’s about being happy with yourself and working hard enough to be proud to say that you are doing everything in your power to be the best YOU, you can possibly be.


It’s been a week and I thank everyone for all your support and all your encouragement, you have helped me get through. I can’t wait to see the new me: physically, mentally, and spiritually…when graduation comes. Continue to pray for me and I’ll pray for you!!!!!

118 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I just started following you and I love your blog. Please join my weight loss blog and lets support eachother!

    Awesome job on your success! YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!
    See you soon,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASHLEY just fyi your butt isnt that flat, just a little flat! Lol! Be encouraged, Be skinny, its the new FAT!!!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete