My Weight Loss Progress

loss/wQkDC31/">

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Life Resolution-It's Bigger than a New Year Thing

I guess you can say I’m more than a little over zealous to get the journey up and started. Hopefully, this enthusiasm won’t die off halfway between my 125 days! I arose this morning at 6:00 am, quite a feat because I didn’t lay my head on the pillow until 1:00 am. Upon flipping on the TV, I’m bombarded with reportedly easy ship diet meals, contraptions that will shrink your tummy and strengthen your core, and magical pills, similar to those that Jack used to get to the beanstalk.
GOAL number 1: SLEEP!!! GOAL number 2: WATCH LESS TV!!!!

I spent the latter hours of my day yesterday contemplating with my boyfriend (Clevon) the pros and cons of this blog. He feels I may be encroaching on my own privacy by sharing my insecurities and struggles with close acquaintances and random strangers…..I beg to differ. This is a cleansing of sorts, an accountability blog that will be a pick me up with I’m having bad days. So, I plan on being 100% honest and letting you into my world so, that we can help each other! So let’s discuss my regimen:

GOOD OL DIET AND EXERCISE (and a lot of prayer!)

One of my best friends has introduced me to every pill and weight loss fad you can think of….I’ve paid over $100 for one set of pills that made me feel like I was running a 5K full speed, while I’m really at home sitting on my bed. LOL But, on a serious note, that was a scary experience. The heart palpitations and sleepless nights was not my idea of a healthy start. I don’t want to resort to dishing out more money, which I don’t have, to pay for something that will not work for me.

Maybe I should clarify my previous blog somewhat….I do not want to be super skinny supermodel….that’s not realistic. I do, however, want to walk up a flight of steps without feeling like I’m carrying an elephant on my back and losing my breath to the point it takes twenty minutes to recover! That is not a good look. I hope to be HEALTHY, CONFIDENT, and fit into a bad BCBG dress like I could four years ago!!!!

However, I do think it is important for me to come up with a more structured plan but, to leave room for flexibility. Today’s exercise consists of a trip to the YMCA!!!!! I went full of energy and hope and 2 ½ hours later I left tired, eager, and a bit disappointed that I could not reach the top of the rock climbing wall. I did your usual remedy of treadmill, walking the track, light weights, and threw in the rock wall to mix things up a little bit. I am determined to beat that rock wall!!!

Skip to four hours later, I’m tired and low on energy. To cut down on the length (***clears throat***) because I’ve had a few complaints, also, a touch of frustration for today…..SO…. I’ll touch on my diet tomorrow. But overall the most challenging thing for today was that Clevon is not in the fight with me 100%. His aunt blessed us with Golden Corral gift cards, a dieter’s worst nightmare! He wants to split the card into two different visits, to get the most bang for his buck and get more bundle for his belly!!!! I, however, am dreading one trip but, will take it as a mental challenge. Two trips…out of the question!!! But, I hope that I can convince him to be all the way in with me!!! Until then the frustration continues to build up, but hopefully not over……
I’ll give you my weight tomorrow…I’m on way to do the Wii Fit with my mom and learn exactly what I’m battling against.

That’s my day, a condensed version…believe it or not. Day two (124 to go)….a lot harder I bet but, I’m up for the challenge!!! Leave your feedback!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment